The Top 7 Things That Drive Your Listeners Away
You work so hard to attract listeners to your podcast. Growing the audience is a constant challenge for most podcasters. You do all you can to bring more people to the party.
There are other things you may be doing to reverse all of your work and drive listeners away. If you are not aware of these pitfalls, they could undermine your marketing efforts. Your audience could be shrinking in spite of your hard work recruiting listeners.
There is good news. Once you learn to recognize these repellants, you can begin to eliminate them from your show. You can make adjustments when you know where to look.
There are seven common mistakes podcasters make that drive listeners away. Here is a description of each stumbling block. See if you recognize these within your show. Suggested remedies are provides as well.
1. The podcaster who talks at you (read the blog post)
2. The podcaster that wastes your time (read the blog post)
3. The podcaster that does not make you care (read the blog post)
4. The podcaster that does not get you involved (read the blog post)
5. The podcaster that doesn’t help others (read the blog post)
6. The podcaster that tries too hard to be funny (read the blog post)
7. The podcaster who assumes listeners have heard the show before (read the blog post)