Steps To Create New Podcast Relationships And Grow Your Audience – Episode 160
In the recent weeks, I have really found a new energy. My productivity has increased in both my podcast and business. I believe this is all due to new relationships I have created in the mastermind I recently joined.
These three guys are in online business, but completely different niches than me. They hold me accountable and push me to succeed. It has been a great experience.
Over the next few episodes, we will dive deep into the process of creating new relationships.
This week, I want to help you develop new relationships. Though I have found the experience very helpful, your new connections do not need to include a mastermind.
In the next episode, we will discuss making connections at events.
The third episode of the series will involve masterminds and a list of listeners’ favorite podcasting events.
If you are interested in getting connected to like-minded people in a mastermind, e-mail me. I’ll try to connect as many as I can.
Let’s talk about the five steps to create new relationships.
1. Find New Relationships
- Get involved with Facebook groups by answering questions
- Join podcast memberships, like Podcasters Society (of which I am a mentor) and School of Podcasting (led by Dave Jackson, with whom I occasionally partner)
- Network at conferences
- Ask your interview guests
- E-mail hosts of complimentary podcasts that are not in the Top 10 or “On Fire”
- Invite your listeners to chat and ask them
- Interact on blog posts
- Form a mastermind with people from other industries, both in person and online
- Ask your vendors or suppliers
- Connect with your customers
2. Make Contact
Introduce yourself with “I help _(niche)_ do _(talent)_ so that _(benefit)_.”
Send an e-mail with, “I find your business/podcast/product interesting. I would like to learn more about it and see if there are ways we might help each other. Would you have 30 minutes for a phone call?”
3. Find Ways To Help Each Other
Use the abundance mentality. There isn’t one pie that needs to be divided between everyone. There is a flame that can be shared an unlimited number of times. That is the power of an idea.
4. Stay In Contact And Give
- If it isn’t on your calendar, it will not happen
- Find reasons to make contact with your new friend, and schedule that contact
- Share useful articles
- Share affiliate opportunities
- Wish them happy birthday
- Ask if they are attending conferences you are attending
- Interact in their groups – Everyone is looking for engagement
5. Create mastermind groups
- When you find the right 3 or 4 people, create a mastermind group
- Find people with different backgrounds and perspectives
- Give the group structure
- Shape it in a way that will help everyone
- Check out Dan Miller’s mastermind course HERE.
Do you need help with your podcast? E-mail me any time at Coach@PodcastTalentCoach.com. Let’s see what we can do.
You can find my podcast and other tools to help you create great content at www.PodcastTalentCoach.com.
Let’s turn your information into engaging entertainment.